The 12 weeks of Internship.
Saturday, February 26, 2011 @ 6:30 PM
Whoa! It's been more than 2 months since I last updated my blog. Well, I can say that I'll be more free now than ever. Yesterday was the so called official last day of my 3 years of poly life (provided I pass my last semester. Hopefully!). Before our internship started, we were promised 2 weeks of additional time to complete our FYP projects after our internship but as we went back to school after our internship ended, we were told we only had 1 week. And by the time we knew that, we only had 3 days left and so yeahh, that's it. But whatever ~ Now, we can only wait for our results after yesterday, when we submitted all our prototypes.
Anyway, this post is supposed to be about my internship period. Hmmm, let's just say it didn't go very well as I thought it'd be. It wasn't even close to well. Sad to say, there were many mysteries to be discovered while working at GC. As much as we are curious to know about all of them, we couldn't bring ourselves to ask someone about it. Even if we ask, not like anyone will tell us anything, right?
Well, my internship period was from 29th of November to 18th of February. The first few weeks working at GC was very bad for us. On the very first day, I cried and when we reached there, we don't even know what we're supposed to do and we were thrown works to do. It was very unreasonable of them. Very unreasonable! But as weeks past, we got stronger and braver to face the evil guy at work. We also got close to some of our colleagues and they were the awesome bunch that made me less scared to go to work everyday. And I sure know who to count on when we needed help and I must say that he is the nicest person around!
Besides that, there were a lot of bad points about working there! We had shifts for our work but we never get to leave on time. Our shift was from 10 am to 7 pm but the first few weeks, we were dismissed at 10 + pm. There were also times when we don't have time to eat lunch 'cause sometimes, they'll disrupt our lunch time and give us work to do instead. Even if we had lunch, it only lasts for 1/2 hour. I've never heard about all these anywhere else. But for someone irresponsible and evil and a liar, that's would be normal uh.
But whatever to all that 'cause we finally finished our internship and phew(!), I'm glad we survived 12 weeks there with times when I cried because of the stress and the work load given to me. And on our last day, we almost couldn't bear to leave the nice people. And so we bought brownies for everybody (yes, I can't believe even the evil guy and his evil wife got the brownies too!) and took pictures with them!

The brownies we bought for them.

On our last day, outside the company.

And this is how it looks like from the outside.


And the inside looks like this. We were sitting outside the toilet for 12 weeks of working there!









Honestly speaking, I did learn a lot of skills from the designer there. Yes, he's the nicest person there too! Too bad he couldn't bid us farewell on our last day there. But I hope all goes well for him and everyone working there.
« Previous Entires
Newer Entries »